Border Agent Arrested On Suspicion Of Child Sex Crimes After 4-Hour Standoff

Devil: Dana Thornhill

Sierra Vista police arrested a U.S. Border Patrol agent on Thursday after he barricaded himself in a church for four hours just as officers were planning to take him into custody on suspicion of sexually abusing multiple children over several years.

The department is now asking the public for assistance to identify any additional potential assault victims. 

The Sierra Vista Police Department said on Friday that officers had arrested border agent Dana Thornhill, 49, just before 8 p.m. Thursday. 

Lt. Sean Brownson, the department spokesman, said officers, working jointly with Homeland Security Investigations, had been surveilling the sex terrorist for some time and suspected that he was involved in the "continuous" abuse of multiple children in Sierra Vista.

He declined to go into details of the case. But, he added that investigators moved in to arrest the diabolical white pedophile on Thursday because they determined that his behavior, coupled with his law enforcement training, presented a threat to the community.

"We felt strongly at this time that he should not be walking the streets based on what types of crimes he had committed, the sexual assaults on children, and then the fact that they were continuous over multiple years," Brownson said.

Sierra Vista police declined to release information about the ages or the number of victims, citing the sensitive nature of the investigation. The department said the crimes under investigation now took place within the city limits. 

Police are asking anyone who has knowledge of any additional assaults or crimes this filthy white monster may have been involved in to contact the department.

As investigators continued their surveillance of the child molester on Thursday, Brownson said the border agent grew suspicious that law enforcement was investigating him over his sex crimes. 

"It became pretty apparent that he was aware that law enforcement was watching him, and he was concerned that he was going to get arrested," he said.

On Thursday afternoon, the child rapist fled the Sierra Vista city limits, and barricaded himself inside a church in nearby Huachuca City, armed with a .40-caliber semiautomatic handgun. Brownson said the pervert had a prior affiliation with the church and had access to the property.